Culmen International is seeking a Maritime Security Advisor to support capacity building efforts in Madagascar.
Established in 2004, Culmen International is committed to enhancing international security, strengthening homeland defense, optimizing government operations and providing humanitarian assistance around the world. We provide technical and management expertise, develop innovative technology solutions, and deliver youth care services, logistics, training and language services worldwide. With experience in over 126 countries, Culmen supports our clients to accomplish critical missions in challenging environments.
The Senior Advisor will be embedded in the Madagascar’s Ministry of Defense (MoD) to support the execution of a Maritime Security Country Action Plan. The advisor will help foster the necessary force structure, manpower, and organizational planning underpinning Madagascar’s Maritime Security Strategy. The advisor will coordinate actions in support of the Country Action Plan, track milestones, and lead workshops as required. The advisor will develop ongoing activities to further institution building and enhance Madagascar’s maritime security. The advisor will assist the MoD and Navy to assess current deficiencies and develop a set of recommendations that supports the country’s national and defense strategies, current and future requirements, and support the goals of a US Agency funding international defense reform initiatives.
This role is a perfect opportunity for an independent self-starter, with strong experience in advisory work, and who is interested in working collaboratively with an important partner nation located in a strategic region. Culmen has a deep network of international advisors on the African continent and is looking for the right candidate who can help further enhance Madagascar’s maritime security capacity.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist the MoD and Navy to implement the Country Action Plan to advance maritime security
- Support the Malagasy Navy’s planned restructuring and expansion by ensuring the Malagasy have plans in place to appropriately staff and maintain vessels
- Assist the Malagasy with overcoming implementation challenges related to their strategy and broader force realignment efforts
- Serve as a liaison to ensure that U.S. Government and other international contributors’ assistance achieves mutual objectives and is complementary
- Coordinate closely with the U.S. Embassy Defense team to ensure that efforts are coordinated
- 6+ years of experience with a Master’s degree OR 10+ years of experience with a Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum rank O-5 in the military or equivalent in a civilian capacity (i.e. FS-02/GS-14).
- 4+ years of experience in maritime security focused on maritime security strategy development.
- 2+ years of experience in a joint military or interagency environment.
- 2+ years of direct experience with U.S. military
- Secret clearance
- Fluent in French
- U.S. citizenship
For more information and to apply, please go to our careers page: www.culmen.com. Or email email@example.com.
At Culmen International we are committed to creating, promoting, and sustaining a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our commitment to these values is unwavering across all our work around the world. We include and celebrate employees of diverse races, genders, religions, sexual orientations, ethnicities, nationalities, socioeconomic statuses, languages, (dis)abilities, ages, and religious commitments. These differences drive innovative solutions to meet the needs of our employees and clients. Culmen is an equal opportunity employer.